VICE is seeking a Global VP, Corporate Communications & PR to drive the communications strategy for VICE’s business, with specific oversight of VICE Internal Communications, Virtue, VICE Commercial and teams in select global offices.
This position will serve as a key leader on the global communications team and act as the communications lead with business and media trade outlets for the company at-large. Success will be measured by this person’s strategic insight, ability to perform under pressure and willingness to accept tasks both small and large to get the job done. We’re looking for someone with an ambitious spirit, an insatiable curiosity and a commitment to tell the VICE story.
- Lead all company efforts with business and trade media.
- Provide essential communications counsel and executive support to management, including identifying and securing appropriate speaking engagements and opportunities for presentations and preparing company representatives for interviews, appearances and special events.
- Build deep relationships with reporters/media outlets, influencers and other external partners.
- Write and edit press releases, media advisories, briefings, statements, and speeches.
- Build partnerships and opportunities for on-the-ground brand and executive activations.
- Lead internal communications strategy with messaging oversight for all company communications.
- Develop and lead internal processes to enhance global coordination and alignment of communications activities.
- Think different and innovate processes and ways of working to match the VICE’s continued desire to disrupt.
- 15+ years of combined experience in corporate communications, public relations, digital media and/or entertainment preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, communications, digital studies, marketing or related field
- Strong writing skills and ability to develop and deliver presentations
- Validated management capabilities
- Consistent track record of securing high-level media coverage
- Corporate communications experience supporting C-suite executives
- Strong existing relationships with media, including business and trade journalists
Equal Employment Opportunities : VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable state or local laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.