Viceland seeks a motivated Finance Manager who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment to join our team. You will have a CPA and public accounting experience, and will have worked in the cable television industry. This position will report to the Finance Director and will involve a mix of month-end close and FP&A functions, technical analysis, and business support. This position offers tremendous growth opportunity for the right candidate.
You will have:
- 5+ years of professional experience in a finance or accounting position
- Public and private accounting experience, and CPA preferred
- Good knowledge of US GAAP particularly relating to revenue recognition and multiple element arrangements, and an understanding of intercompany transactions and processes
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and an ability to work well with people across multiple business functions outside of accounting and finance
- Strong excel skills, including pivot tables and VLOOKUP, NetSuite a plus
- An ability to learn quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A good balance of being detail-oriented and understanding the ‘bigger picture’
- A desire to work on different facets of the finance and accounting operations of the company - this is not a role that will just focus on one area
- Handling accounting and general ledger activities for Viceland’s US TV Programming and Operations verticals, including reviewing ledgers for accuracy and preparing reconciliations
- Preparing journal entries, focusing mainly on expense accruals, re-classes, indirect overhead allocations, and intercompany transactions
- Assisting in preparing monthly internal reporting and analysis for the senior management team
- Supporting quarterly FP&A activities such as budgeting, reforecasting, and long range planning
- Performing ad-hoc analysis including support for evaluation of deals
- Assisting the Director of Finance and the US Controller with managing year-end audit requests
- Oversight of 1 team member
- Other duties as needed
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.