***Please note this is not an actively open Full Time position at this time. We are pipelining candidates for opportunities in the near future.
Vice Media is looking for an Associate- Corporate Strategy & Development to be responsible for assisting the Chief Strategy Officer and the Corporate Strategy team across the development, communication, planning and execution of strategic initiatives across corporate strategy, business development, corporate development and M&A. A successful candidate will bring to the team a strategic mindset, analytical thinking, ability to drive process, attention to detail, as well as strong communication and management skills.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ongoing assessment of industry and competitive landscape identifying key industry trends
- Work with business units to define, formulate, develop, plan and execute new opportunities for growth through business development, corporate development and M&A initiatives
- Cultivate, develop and manage of a business & corporate development, investment, partnership and acquisition pipeline
- Drive quantitative and qualitative analysis for strategic initiatives
- Identify, asses and execute M&A, investments and partnership/joint-venture opportunities
- Manage execution including diligence, negotiations, structuring and integration
- Work with internal corporate teams to document, finance and communicate deals
- Partner with leadership and outside service providers to support execution of key initiatives
- Work with business units to ensure business initiatives reflect corporate strategy
- Supporting the execution of strategic projects: project scoping and work planning, strategic analysis, formalization of recommendations, coordination of stakeholders
- Providing ad hoc strategic analysis to support decision making process of executive team
- Assist in the corporate strategic planning process across business units
- Advisory resource across organization on various key business issues and initiatives
- Monitor investments, partnerships/JVs for performance, etc.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience: Minimum 2-3 years' experience in Investment Banking, Management Consulting or Corporate Finance with roles in strategy and mergers & acquisitions
- Education: Degree in Business / Finance
- Industry: Experience in and passion for media, entertainment and digital media
QUALITIES AND SKILLS
- Positive mindset, entrepreneurial spirit and ability to adapt
- Structured and analytical problem solver
- Strong business modeling skills, with a commitment to accuracy and credibility
- Ability to deliver on tight deadlines, in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate complex insights simply and clearly articulate recommendations
- Ability to earn trust and work with different levels of stakeholders in various environments
- Eager to learn the key strategic levers in the industry
- Strong communication skills (memos and written presentations)
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.