VICE is looking for a Senior Director of Recruiting & Operations to help build a premier recruiting organization, lead a team, and deliver top talent for our dynamic, growth-oriented organization. In this role you will partner closely with our management team to introduce and implement a global hiring process while building a strong recruiting and hiring organization. You will lead global recruiting tools & process and run the US recruiting team. You will have a demonstrable track record of diversifying teams with an exceptional knowledge of sourcing channels, tools, and inclusive sourcing, hiring and interviewing practices.
- Lead and build a strong consultative recruiting team - with in-depth knowledge of the VICE business.
- Create and implement global recruiting processes to drive efficiency.
- Use technology to improve and personalize our candidate experience.
- Build partnerships to craft a scalable recruiting organization.
- Collect, analyze and report on global recruiting data metrics (Greenhouse) - using data to drive decision-making.
- Be responsible for "candidate experience," elevating it as a priority for the recruiting and hiring team.
- Work with the talent development team to create hiring manager and interviewer training to support our diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Collaborate with the management team on workforce planning initiatives.
- Direct targeted executive searches across all functions.
- Develop sourcing channels to support the VICE talent strategy (collegiate & organization relationships, internship, referral program, etc.).
- Work with our Innovation & Program lead to drive global employer branding initiatives, career site, and LinkedIn presence.
- Develop recruiting strategy to support our employee lifecycle approach to career management at VICE (engage, educate & empower).
- Cultivate successful working relationships and maintain active communication with all candidates and client partners.
- Develop and actively maintain positive relationships with industry leaders for the benefit of the organization.
- Minimum of 10 years of recruiting experience that includes leading high performing teams.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience running a talent acquisition team.
- Knowledge of applicant tracking systems & CRM systems.
- Strong oral & written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience developing processes in support of a high growth/global organization.
- Experience creating a quality, full-cycle, inclusive recruiting process; and the ability to lead a team in doing so.
- A desire to hire the best “culture adds” to our company — constantly working toward company goals with a sense of urgency.
- Must be able to incorporate diverse and inclusive practices into the company.
We are part of a team of 40+ global HR professionals working to cultivate a strong, inclusive, diverse, and purpose driven environment for our VICE employees.
As a member of a growing youth oriented brand, we take our work seriously, but strive to keep a light-hearted attitude while tackling serious topics that engage and inform our viewers.
We know that building a phenomenal HR function takes time, and, though we are impatient, we come back every day in hopes of making a difference for VICE talent. Our talent is our brand - and we nurture our talent to ensure we deliver to our viewers every day.