We are looking for an HR Manager to support the International HR and Global Employee Relations functions within VICE’s HR Department. The HR Manager will be responsible evaluating employee programs, recommending improvements to employee relations polices, making sure that all employee-related policies in each country align with corporate goals and established regulations, and serving as a liaison between HQ HR Department and International HR colleagues around the globe as new HR initiatives are launched and managed globally.
This position will be located in our Dumbo office.
INTERNATIONAL HR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for new hire on-boarding of Int’l HR Staff and to provide onboarding support for newer offices that do not yet have dedicated HR support, including employment contracts, HRIS system entry, going over orientation and company information, setting up of benefit plans, etc.
- Research market trends, employment law requirements and practices to draft office policies that are in alignment with individual markets pertaining to PTO, leave, terminations, etc.
- Lead recruiting for international HR positions by sourcing talent, screening candidates, setting up second and final stage interviews, creating onboarding plans once candidates have been identified etc.
- In partnership with VP, International and the Total Rewards function, organize efforts in selection of employee benefits plans and payroll providers for newly set up entities in new markets.
- Utilize Workday data and employee survey data to create presentations summarizing analytics regarding employee headcount, turnover, diversity, culture, engagement, etc.
- Take lead on handling the coordination between offices and employees related to global mobility (i.e. secondments, short-term assignments, expat assignments, intercompany transfers, relocations, etc.)
- Work with external training firms and L&D team to set up employee trainings for offices as needed
- Design org charts to visualize and establish appropriate organizational structure
- Some administrative support including coordination of meetings, events and some light travel and expense reporting, etc.
- Work as point of contact for International HR, send out reminders for pending items, ensure effective workflows and communication between team
- Perform other related duties as assigned
EMPLOYEE RELATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES
- In collaboration with VP, Employee Relations, consult with HR business partners and other internal teams to resolve escalated employee relations inquiries
- Update and maintain global employee handbooks and work rules, inclusive of conducting research, making recommendations for enhancements based on market trends, etc.
- Provide support and direction to the HR community and other internal teams by providing policy guidance and interpretation and assisting with HR policy development, including protocol development
- Analyze employee relations trends and propose methods to improve
- Assist in the investigation of allegations of policy violation
- In partnership with Legal, ensure company is in compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements and laws
- BA/BS degree in Business, HR or related field preferred or equivalent practical experience
- At least 4 years of HR experience
- Some experience in dealing with HR related investigations with staff at all levels across an organization
- Demonstrated ability to handle all items with confidentiality and the utmost discretion
- Ability to gather, analyze, and synthesize information and data from multiple sources and summarize findings clearly and concisely
- Some experience with handling international operations and in international employment matters preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to work independently on a broad variety of projects
- Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships
- Able to deliver effective results, meet tight deadlines and targets
- Good judgment and decision-making skills
- Strong computer skills, especially in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills mandatory
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and organizational skills required
- Demonstrated problem solving skills