Music Publishing Assistant will work alongside the Vice Music Publishing team to assist with administrative, organizational, and creative needs, including processing composer and licensing agreements, administering Vice Music Publishing music library, cost tracking music budgets, and helping source and organize music for all VICE content.
• Support Vice Music Publishing team on basic administrative and creative needs in all areas of the business
• Facilitate and administer cost and revenue tracking processes
• Provide composer and licensing agreement administrative support, including
tracking and processing all agreements between Vice Music Publishing and clients/vendors
• Track and administer all invoices and payments
• Assist in the administration and organization of Vice Music Publishing library and software systems
• Track and review music cue sheets in relation to Vice Music Publishing
• Process and validate media and metadata for Vice Music Publishing music library
• Perform administrative tasks, such as the following: coordinate meeting
arrangements, organizational support, creative assistance on music needs
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION
• Bachelor's degree in Music Business, Mass Communications, Media, or related field
• Knowledge of music publishing, licensing, and the music industry in general
• Internship and college course experience in music and publishing experience a plus
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to manage numerous administrative responsibilities simultaneously
• Strong research abilities and problem solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Working knowledge of MAC environment
• Must be proficient in Excel
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.