VICE is looking for a Video Publishing Manager to focus on publishing strategy across some of our biggest video properties. This position will use data to inform decisions and will collaborate closely with content creators to ensure that our content is being released in the most optimal way across all of VICE’s social video presences.
You must be able to navigate a dynamic and rapidly evolving environment with efficiency and maturity. We’re looking for a boss who is enthusiastic about social media and all things VICE — someone who is a data-obsessed and mindful with the ability to communicate with a variety of audiences.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Process and publish Facebook videos across the VICE Digital network
- Work daily with production and post production teams on social video delivery, ensuring all videos are QC’d and follow necessary specifications
- Write social copy and headlines for social videos across the VICE Digital video brands
- Identify top-performing videos across platforms and find even more opportunities for optimization and success
- Help video growth team, alongside producers + video editors, identify and test best video practices on social platforms (primarily Facebook and Twitter)
- Support social editors in promotion of short-form video content, as well as long-form documentaries
- Brainstorm + curate video playlists, featured content, and homepage placement for video.vice.com
- Police + maintain VICE’s internal video library (edit descriptions and metadata, publish videos to partner platforms and distribution streams)
- Manage VICE Video social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Coordinate assets and programming for VICE’s Facebook Watch series
- Assist video growth team with international publishing requests
- 3+ years experience writing and/or working in social media, ideally for a video-friendly brand
- Understand the digital + social video landscape like the back of their hand
- Strong familiarly with metadata and SEO best practices
- Experience with content management systems
- Experience with Facebook Insights, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, and YouTube a plus
- Experience with Photoshop a plus
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interest in media/digital advertising industry
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented, with a keen eye for copy editing
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.