Senior Product Manager, Direct to Consumer Products
VICE Media is looking for a Senior Product Manager to join VICE’s Product Team in DUMBO Brooklyn, New York. VICE has a strategic imperative to diversify its product offerings and this role will be critical in defining and developing the next generation of innovative VICE products. As the PM working on direct to consumer products, you’ll help to create the vision, develop the roadmap and lead execution for content products that have subscription or transactional revenue at their core.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Work closely with VP Product and the Strategy and Operations team to evaluate new direct to consumer opportunities. Collaborate with a global team of engineers and designers, cultivating a strong, collaborative working environment.
- Understand and build upon VICE’s product vision.
- Develop a deep, empathetic understanding of user needs in a number of content verticals, in order to create new products and improve existing.
- Ensure organizational support and buy-in and gather requirements, prioritize features and translate strategies and concepts into a backlog for upcoming product initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with commercial, growth and mobile product teams to push forward a complementary suite of cross-platform products that build on each other’s success.
- Mentor and teach modern product management practice to those around them and contribute to our ever evolving process.
- Identify product innovation opportunities aligned with market needs and business priorities and build supporting business cases.
- Define and track metrics for success, ensuring the team is clear on their objectives every step of the way.
- 5+ years professional experience as a product manager at a digital company
- Previous experience working with digital products that have either a subscription or transactional component.
- Insatiable curiosity about the world and a strong desire to innovate.
- Proven ability to guide projects in cross-functional product teams.
- Test and learn mindset (familiar with and have overseen A/B testing).
- Track record of defining, launching and iterating on best-in-class products.
- Experience with data driven product development and knowledge of agile methodologies.
- Strong at communicating concepts and ideas to stakeholders at all levels, in different ways depending on the context.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Strong user experience and technical sensibilities.
- Project management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.