VICE is the world’s preeminent youth media company and content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE now operates in over 30 countries and distributes its programming to viewers across digital, linear, mobile, film and socials. VICE includes an international network of digital channels; a weekly and daily news programming partnership with HBO; a television and feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; an in-house creative services agency; a book-publishing division; and a newly launched TV network, VICELAND.
This is a high-impact role that will drive results through spearheading major strategic and operational changes to VICE’s digital business. This role will focus on identifying & incubating new strategic opportunities for VICE’s digital brands, identifying, modeling, and implementing new business models, and completing in-depth market analyses.
This role will be at the center of VICE’s efforts to grow our digital business and deepen our relationships with users by pairing creative strategic insights with practical operational plans. This management position is expected to take full ownership of a set of projects and be accountable for project definition, quality and actionability of recommendations, and process management.
- Provide end-to-end thought leadership on highly complex, visible initiatives with many stakeholders
- Manage an Associate (s) with a strong emphasis on their professional development and growth
- Provide original thought & execution across impactful division-wide strategic & operational initiatives
- Help develop VICE Digital’s overall strategy & establish operational plans to achieve it
- Offer ad hoc support and analysis to business leaders within VICE Digital on priority decisions
- Build dynamic excel models to inform ROI analyses and business cases
- Help track against financial and non-financial KPIs, identify shortfalls, and optimize to improve business results
- Develop strong working relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organization, with a focus on content leaders
- Perform in-depth competitive landscaping across VICE’s domestic and international peer group
- Stay across industry trends and help VICE Digital be proactive as the marketplace evolves
- 7-10 years of experience in management consulting or in digital media
- Expert understanding of digital content strategy and the business models that support them
- Deep knowledge of VICE and the digital media landscape
- A strong proficiency in analytical problem solving, visual and verbal communication, and
simplifying complex ideas into clear and actionable recommendations
- Sound business and operational judgement paired with appreciation for journalism values
- Proficiency in excel, powerpoint, and project management software
- Passion for high quality content and user experiences
- Deep interest in evolving media space and eagerness to develop innovative paths toward success
- Enthusiasm for teamwork and commitment to integrity and honesty
- Ability to thrive in challenging and unstructured environments
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.