Senior Product Manager, Web
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join VICE’s Web Product Team in Brooklyn, New York. The successful candidate will be a key contributor to the evolution of VICE’s websites and contribute to the launch of entirely new web products. Product managers at VICE act as the center point between our users, our content and our business goals ensuring our products represent the best outcome for all parties. They hold the most complete understanding of their products at all levels, inspiring the teams around them to produce top quality work without being overly prescriptive. The perfect candidate will maintain implicit trust with senior business stakeholders and be more than happy to get their hands dirty with our in-house product design and engineering teams every day.
VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with a global team of developers and designers, cultivating a strong, collaborative working environment.
- Understand and build upon VICE’s product vision.
- Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure organizational support and buy-in and gather requirements, prioritize features and maintain a backlog for upcoming product initiatives.
- Spec writing, ticket writing, product acceptance and all other day to day tasks that keep our sprints on track.
- Provide input for project plans, resource requirements and be a center for communication throughout the entire product development process.
- Work collaboratively with commercial, growth and mobile product teams to push forward a complimentary suite of cross-platform products that build on each other’s success.
- Mentor and teach modern product management practice to those around them and contribute to our ever evolving process.
- Identify product innovation opportunities aligned with market needs and business priorities and build supporting business cases.
- Define and track metrics for success, ensuring the team is clear on their objectives every step of the way.
- 4+ years professional experience working on web products at a digital company.
- Previous experience working in the media a plus.
- Proven ability to guide projects in cross-functional product teams.
- Track record of defining, launching and iterating on best-in-class products.
- Demonstrated success using analytics and customer research to inform a critical approach to product decision making.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong user experience and technical sensibilities.
- Project management skills and ability to meet deadlines.