VICE was launched in 1994 as a 'punk zine' and has since expanded into a leading global youth media company with bureaus in over 30 countries. VICE operates the world’s premier original online video destination, VICE.COM, an international network of digital channels, a television production studio, a magazine, a record label, an in-house creative services agency and a book-publishing division. VICE’s digital channels include Creators, dedicated to the arts and creativity, Motherboard, covering cultural happenings in technology, and Noisey, a music discovery channel. To date, VICE boasts over 60 established shows that cover everything from current events to sex to investigative reporting to music to kittens.
Agency Partnership Director
The Agency Partnership Director focuses on strategic alliances, education and ideation directly with the agencies. The goal is to market VICE's product suite, be a subject matter expert, establishing relationships across the Agency's leadership, account leaders, planners and buyers, and creating events for agency teams to interact with VICE teams. This role works side-by-side the dedicated agency sellers optimizing sales, operations, product and marketing.
- Build agency/holding company business plans & execute on strategies that drive regional revenue growth
- Initiate, develop and maintain strategic partnerships & trading agreements at a holding company / agency level.
- Own B-C Level relationships with key agency (not only investment) decision makers in order to drive consideration at an account level as well as the broader agency level.
- Maintain dialogue with senior holding company and media agency personnel to ensure sustained awareness and visibility into VICE & the future strategic direction of the business
- Identify and lead the development of joint business projects and/or beta opportunities with assigned agencies
- Agency account management including: establishing meeting cadence with (internal and external) key stakeholders, seeking out new relationships/contacts, developing quarterly business reviews, organizing and coordinating agency education initiatives, fulfilling ad hoc agency request and breaking down obstacles.
- Contribute to VICE’s tentpole senior-level engagements and activations (i.e CES, Cannes, DMexco, AdWeek) with assigned agencies
- Partner with internal sales teams to contribute to and uncover category and client-level opportunities at the Agency level
- Collaborate with internal specialists (i.e. data, platform, content) as needed to meet strategic relationship requirements and to continuously identify relevant opportunities for agencies
- Keep abreast of VICE capabilities and product offerings via distance learning and on-site training
- Maintain collaborative relationships with regional and cross functional colleagues
- Bachelors degree required, MBA a plus
- 5-7 years work experience in the media industry, preferably agency or pub sales
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.