VICE's TV network, VICELAND, is seeking a freelance motion graphics animator for their shows in addition to 3rd party animations under VICE Visual Studio. We're based in Brooklyn, NY.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design original graphics for VICELAND shows + some shows and films outside of VICELAND under the VICE Visual Studio
- Create storyboards and styleframes for review
- Design, animate, and edit standalone motion graphics packages
- Create assets and templates for video editors
- Ideating solves for videos that require graphics or visual effects
- Following a brief and it’s deadlines with superior accuracy
- Must have extensive experience creating motion graphics
- Should be a master at After Effects and Photoshop
- Cinema 4D, Maya and Premier experience a plus
- Experience in rotoscoping and visual effects a plus
- Strong sense of motion and visual design
- Understanding of editing and camera techniques
- Understanding of typography
- Ability to parallel path multiple responsibilities and assignments under strict deadlines
- A familiarity and enthusiasm for the VICE brand and its network, VICELAND
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.