VICELAND, a multi-national television channel from Vice and A+E Networks, seeks a motivated, self-starting Staff Accountant / Senior Accountant to join our team. The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years accounting experience, preferably in a cable TV environment, and be a CPA or on the path to completing their CPA. This position will report to the TV Finance Manager. The job duties involve a mix of month end close functions, financial planning and analysis activities, and business / operations support. The position has significant internal growth potential for the right candidate.
- Month end close responsibilities for the US television network and television studio businesses, inclusive of preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations and monthly uploads
- Financial planning and analysis responsibilities supporting the Director of Finance and Finance Manager with analyses for quarterly reforecasting, annual budgeting, and long-range planning.
- Performing ad-hoc analysis with a focus on ad sales, programming amortization, marketing expenses, and cash planning
- Supporting the year-end audit process
- Other duties as needed
- 1-3 years of professional experience
- Accounting experience required in either a public or private environment, CPA holder or eligible preferred
- Experience with Netsuite a plus
- Industry experience in cable television or media preferred but not essential
- Basic knowledge of US GAAP
- Good communication skills, and an ability to articulate accounting issues to supervisors
- Enthusiastic team player with an ability to juggle multiple projects and competing priorities
- An ability to work well with people across multiple business functions outside of accounting and finance
- Strong excel skills, including pivot tables and VLOOKUPs
- An ability to learn quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.