VICE Media’s legal department is looking for a Contracts Administrator, Legal Assistant to join our team in the Williamsburg, Brooklyn VICE office.
The candidate must have previous experience working in the legal department of a media or entertainment company or as a paralegal in a law firm working on media or entertainment matters. The candidate must be interested in working with a legal team managing a variety of priorities and deadlines with a solution-oriented approach.
- As contracts administrator, the candidate will coordinate the execution and archiving of company contracts.
- Assist with implementation of contract management software.
- Keep track of and communicate department calendars, including contract expirations.
- Maintain legal department resources, including form and clause libraries.
- Proofread contracts and other legal documents under supervision of legal team.
- Take notes at legal team meetings.
- Manage legal team’s docket and task lists.
- Administrative support as necessary for legal team.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience, preferably at media or entertainment company or law firm.
- Familiarity with complex entertainment-related contracts.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, contract management, and task scheduling software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Well-organized with attention to detail.
- Interest in joining and supporting a legal team working on the most interesting issues in digital media.
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.