VICE is seeking a Director of Social Media to lead the social marketing components of VICE’s TV channel, VICELAND. This is an opportunity to evolve the fastest-growing and most-engaged social brand in all of TV, and to join a highly creative and strategic marketing team dedicated to pushing the envelope wherever the brand exists.
Reporting to the SVP, Marketing + Creative, this position will directly manage the overall social strategy across all platforms to boost linear ratings, drive social growth, bring in incremental sales revenue and create opportunities for press / attention to the brand. You will be the face of VICELAND’s social team to key partners, show teams, executives, talent and stakeholders throughout VICE ecoystem.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop the overall social strategy (paid and community management) for VICELAND and tentpole shows/campaigns
- Maintain and evolve the VICELAND social brand voice, look, and feel on all platforms
- Develop big, out-of-the-box stunts and campaigns that create buzz and chatter around the brand
- Lead a team of social producers who will be creating + posting content across all major social platforms
- Oversee a paid social + search strategist to plan campaigns, set strategy and identify key targets for shows to bring in the biggest oportunity audiences that can drive back to linear ratings
- Develop goals with the research team and SVP, Marketing + Creative to track social metrics and guage success / inform strategies moving forward
- Develop unique social executions and packages for the sales team to sell for incremental revenue
- Work closely with the Vice.com verticals and Vice news team to cross-promote key initiatives and maximize impact (this includes social swaps, shortform video strategy, and editorial)
- Manage relationships with key platform partners for best practices and first-to-market opportunities
- Work closely with the creative team for custom social executions of the brand and show campaigns and adapt relevant off-social creative for maximum engagement
- 7+ years of experience driving successful social strategy for a TV channel or entertainment brand
- Expert understanding of how to effectively create and distribute content on all major social platforms
- Rare combination of strong strategic skills and “big idea” conceptual thinker
- Strong background in creative workflow - video, graphics, editorial
- Working knowledge of media planning and hands-on paid social promotion
- Experience with a variety of analytic tools like Nieslen / Google Analytics / Omniture
- Deep experience and/or fascination with pop/internet psychology as it pertains to TV
- Prior management experience very important
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.