The Junior Designer’s primary role will be in the day-to- day handling of design projects—from print production to online. The designer will work in the Adobe Creative Suite, along with Keynote and PowerPoint. Daily projects will vary from designing for Vice Media and Vice.com, to ad campaigns, pitches, and designs for our network of programs. This is an entry level opportunity.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Organizing daily requests and projects
- Communicating with project managers on design project needs and requests
- Problem solving and taking design feedback from clients and coworkers
- Designing print ads, posters, signage for spaces, flyers, and various print collateral
- Designing online banner ads, newsletters and website takeovers
- Extensive work for mockups and pitches—from websites to products and spaces
- Presentation layout and cleanup (PPT and Keynote)
- Press release layout and cleanup
- Editorial design and layout
Experience and Qualifications:
- Must have a Bachelors degree in Fine Arts or related field
- Resourcefulness, diligence, attention to detail, and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and assignments simultaneously under strict deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of the Vice brand and its properties
- Strong proficiency and experience in the Adobe Creative Suite-- Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Flash
- Proficiency and experience in Keynote and PowerPoint
- Proficiency and experience of optimizing designs for online
- Proficiency and experience in print production
- Working knowledge of motion graphics (Adobe After Effects)
- Working knowledge of photography basics
- Familiarity with Mac computers preferred
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.