Works with MUNCHIES Editorial, MUNCHIES Production, and VICE Office Operations to effectively coordinate Kitchen schedules. Manages Test Kitchen budget, implements safety procedures, and coordinates with vendors. Coordinates events in the kitchen i.e. guest chefs, press dinners, executive functions, etc.
- Work directly with MUNCHIES teams to create successful events in and around the kitchen, managing and fulfilling sponsor requirements, and collaborating with communications teams.
- Assists the Culinary Director in developing and testing recipes and monitoring externs
- Attends editorial and production meetings.
- Maintains scheduling of kitchen to achieve maximum recipe testing, photo shoots, and events.
- Controls Test Kitchen purchases and inventory; negotiating prices and contracts; maintains preferred supplier lists; reviewing and evaluating usage reports; analyzing variances; taking corrective actions.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures.
- Be comfortable and thrive in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION:
- At least 1-3 years of restaurant experience
- Strong connections within the food industry
- Experience with events in the food & drink space
- Must be very detail oriented
- Candidate should be self-motivated, with equal ability to work within a team as well as work independently
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills
- Experience working for a magazine/website a plus
- Team-oriented, collaborative and flexible work style
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.