VICE is the world’s preeminent youth media company and content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE now operates in over 30 countries and distributes its programming to viewers across digital, linear, mobile, film and socials. VICE includes an international network of digital channels; a weekly and daily news programming partnership with HBO; a television and feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; an in-house creative services agency; and an international TV network, VICELAND.
ABOUT THE VICE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
VICE interns will get a firsthand look into how an international media company functions on a day-to- day basis. At VICE, interns have the opportunity to learn about journalism, editing, design, public relations, production, and more. VICE’s Human Resources Department oversees the training and learning experience of each intern by providing interns with seminars on career development, and helping them achieve goals throughout the session. VICE is dedicated to its internship program and attracts the best and the brightest students to join the VICE family.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The VICELAND development team is looking for a motivated intern to support LA-based non-scripted series development and production. The ideal candidate will show strong interest in non-scripted television development, along with skills in organization, communication, and adapting to the department’s workflow. Daily responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Non-scripted pitch coverage
- Researching show formats and up-and- coming talent
- Brainstorming with dev team members (ie. new series ideas, casting ideas)
- Updating internal development tracking grids and presentations
- Populating a weekly trend report to be distributed to the dev team
- Reviewing competitive programming
- Unique opportunity to sit in on producer / talent pitch meetings
- Assisting with note-taking in internal development meetings
Applicants must meet all of the criteria below to be eligible:
- Legal Interns must be rising second- or third-year law students enrolled in an ABA Accredited Law School
- Interns must currently be enrolled in a two or four year college/university.
- Interns must attend the required Intern Orientation.
- Interns must be available to work the full intern session: June 5, 2018 – August 10, 2018.
- All interns must have proper authorization to work in the United States.
- Interns are non-exempt and will be paid an hourly rate of $13.25/hour in Los Angeles.
Note: Interns may earn school credit, depending on the school’s requirements. However, earning school credit is not a requirement of participation in the internship program and there is no option for an unpaid internship for credit.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, or other applicable law.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.