We’re looking for an ambitious and entrepreneurial Communications Strategy Director to be a key member of VIRTUE and the strategy department. She or he will work closely with the Head of Strategy to define and evangelize the role of Communications Strategy within the agency, as well as to our clients. We are looking for someone with experience as a communications strategist or media planner. Bonus points if you’ve done this role at a creatively led agency. As one of the founding member of the communications strategy department, we’re seeking a person who can not only lead other members of the team to innovate and effective solutions, but ultimately grow our media business.
The ideal candidate can see the big picture, but has cut her or his teeth in a hands-on integrated media role, and has the ability to roll up her or his sleeves to take on the daily demands of campaign management without breaking a sweat. Your consistent track record of success shows in campaigns that exceed expectations and make fantastic case studies.
You are a systems thinker who is obsessed with the how, where and when of creative ideas. You are able to push integrated campaigns beyond matching luggage and inspire creatives to bring your communications framework to life in the best way possible. When it comes to media, you are a trusted guide both internally and externally. You have keen instinct for how different platforms and tactics drive our brand’s business objectives and can work closely with creative teams, strategists, and analysts to make a message stand out. You are no stranger to a client-facing role, leading the conversation, being involved in the pitch process, and everything in between.
- At least 8+ years of experience in a media planning or communications strategy in a creatively driven agency
- A strong point of view and vision when it comes to communications strategy and the role it plays in creating exceptional campaigns
- Experience with several media channels across the funnel (broadcast, OOH, print, as well as social, digital, search, programmatic, etc.)
- Experience in the pitch process, coupled with a comfort and excitement within growing such a team
- Expert knowledge of trends and tools for planning
- Expert knowledge of benefits/weaknesses of available types of ad placements, social metrics, and ad cost structures.
- Expert Excel and Powerpoint/Keynote Skills
- Experience leading client presentations
- Experience overseeing, mentoring and growing a team