We are looking for a seasoned financial professional to join our team, with experience supporting technology infrastructure and capital budgeting needs. As a member of the broader FP&A/Accounting team, you will be a crucial part of decision making in areas such as planning, resourcing, measuring success, approving investments, and more. You’ll partner closely with leaders in the CFO organization. You’ll get substantial senior leadership exposure, focus on the highest priority business issues, and link these business issues to our capital plan.
- Lead forecasting, capital budgeting, opex planning, and reporting for the infrastructure engineering organization
- Drive insightful analyses on resource requirements and investments for infrastructure expansion.
- Managing US accounting and general ledger activities as it relates to Vice’s Technology Departments.
- Reviewing monthly results and performing fluctuation analysis.
- Advance unit costing and Gross Margin analysis to better understand our expense structure vs. industry peers.
- Conduct advanced analytics to deliver impactful and actionable insights that drive decision making.
- Engage and collaborate with other groups across Finance and beyond on ad hoc projects and modeling.
- Develop quarterly executive-level presentations on capex and opex trends and drivers.
- Implementing processes and timelines to ensure deadlines are met for Vice’s corporate close schedule.
- You have 6-8 years of progressive finance experience at a leading technology company with a strong understanding of GAAP financials
- You have an undergraduate degree in finance, accounting or a quantitative discipline. CPA required. Professional qualifications such as MBA and CFA are a plus
- Experience in budgeting and forecasting cycles
- Demonstrated ability to assess processes and implement controls
- Fixed Asset/ Capital accounting
- Ability to coach, mentor, and develop team members and non-finance staff
- You have demonstrated excellence in finance and business analytics tool. Advanced Excel skills essential; and systems experience such as NetSuite, AX and Tableau are highly desirable
- You bring a strong executive presence and business acumen. Ability to work directly with senior business leaders
- You sweat the details and maintain a high level of integrity in your work
- You're a self-starter who enthusiastically drives projects
- You're able to build positive relationships with business leaders
- Passionate about joining Vice
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.