VICE Media is seeking interactive ad designers to join our Brooklyn, NY team on a full time basis. Working closely with the Director of Digital Products, you'll be responsible for designing and building advertising and content products that bring branded experiences to life and push the worlds of media and technology forward. Working closely with our media and creative teams, this exciting position lies within the Media Solutions team, supporting the VICE Ad Studio to deliver creative and effective display, video and native executions driving advertising, creativity and innovation for VICE.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Create innovative, unique and effective advertising executions across rich media display, video, and native content experiences
- Enforce best practices through design and build that demonstrate an understanding of digital and media principles
- Own specific campaign needs from design of flat PSDs to build of interactive units into Celtra
- Deliver market-leading creativity within digital advertising which results in strong media performance for VICE’s brand partners
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 1-2 years working in a professional digital design setting
- Solid understanding of excellent UI/UX and web design principles
- Expert knowledge working in Celtra AdCreator Studio
- Mastery of design tools of choice; strong proficiency and experience in the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and AfterEffects), Sketch and Keynote
- Understanding of media KPIs to translate into efficient and quality ad experiences
- Understanding of the mobile advertising environment, its capabilities and limitations and the ability to explain it simply to others
- Excellent sense of typography, image, and visual hierarchy
- Ability to translate thoughtful design choices into meaningful decisions that will drive better experiences and performance
- Ability to design products that translate well across screen sizes and preparing content with responsive design requirements
WHO YOU ARE
- Has strong graphic skills and is passionate about digital advertising, the media landscape and data-driven design
- Obsessive attention to detail, ability to prioritize responsibilities and excellent time management skills
- Strive to create better designs each time optimized on performance and findings
- Adaptable, creative, consistent, collaborative and has the ability to manage multiple responsibilities and assignments simultaneously under strict deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit; desire to be proactive to help your team
- Portfolio that’s f***ing awesome
- HTML/CSS/JS, or willingness to learn
- Animation and basic video editing experience
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.