The employee benefits assistant position assists employees with benefits enrollment and questions, manages all insurance billing, maintains employee database and files, and assists with administration of various employee benefits programs.
- Assist with the administration of various employee benefits programs, such as group health, flexible spending accounts, dental and vision, leave management, life insurance, 401(k), and wellness benefits.
- Help design communications, materials, and events to increase employee understanding of benefits, including continually looking for ways to make information more accessible to employees
- Help conduct benefits orientations and explain benefits enrollment options
- Maintain employee benefits filing systems and ensure benefits changes are entered appropriately in HR system and applicable carrier systems.
- Respond to employee inquiries.
- COBRA administration assistance
- Coordinate workers' compensation claims with third-party administrator.
- Prepare and set up meetings designed to help employees obtain information and understand company benefits and other related programs. Ensure distribution of required employee notices.
- Audit records and files, produce reports, and assist with data analysis
- Help coordinate Open Enrollment communications, materials, and events
- Other duties as assigned.
- 6 months to 1 year of benefits experience
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.