The Coordinator for the Documentary Department will support the Head of Documentaries and the Head of Physical Production, covering the majority of administrative and overall tasks in this department. This includes but is not limited to: scheduling and coordinating department meetings and calls, booking conference rooms, keeping the department Google Drive up to date and helping to track production schedules, budgets and staffing.
We want someone who is familiar with current documentary filmmakers, has superior organizational skills, is familiar with the production and development process and does not shy away from challenging tasks or conversations.
- Manage the organization of the department’s documentation and development& production processes
- Schedule and coordinate department meetings and calls
- Book conference rooms
- Manage dial-in codes
- Work closely with accounting on submitting and tracking invoices and time cards
- Support tracking production schedules, budgets and staffing
- Arrange screenings and help create links for screenings
- Consult on department strategy
- Facilitate and help others navigate the idea submission process (internal and external)
- Help manage and push projects through the development pipeline
- Take and convey messages
- Help submit projects to Film Festivals
- Identify VICE IP that is suitable to adapt into long-form documentary
- Facilitate collaboration with other VICE departments
- Must do their work with a sense of urgency, be confident and pro-active and also comfortable asking a question when they don’t know the answer
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be detailed-oriented
- Strong research abilities and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive, solution-based attitude
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work in a multi-discipline collaborative environment
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Willingness to respond after hours for important matters.
- Proficiency in the Google Eco System (Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.)
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.