Vice is seeking a Tax Manager to join its Tax team, reporting to the Director of Tax Reporting. Key responsibilities include direct and indirect tax compliance, assisting with tax provision, and liaise with various outside consultants on a number of moving tax projects and initiatives.
- Assist in preparation of interim and annual tax provision for worldwide consolidated group
- Responsible for review and timely filing of domestic (including state and local) and international tax return compliance
- Responsible for indirect tax compliance obligations including sales and use, city and business tax and other regulatory returns
- Manage and monitor an update nexus/apportionment
- Liaise with corporate finance, accounting, legal, human resources and tech teams on tax-driven business initiatives
- Work with outside tax consultants to assist with various projects
- Maintain a tax calendar ensuring all tax due dates are met (domestic and foreign)
- Respond to all tax audits and tax notices, including gathering information, and assembling responses to auditor inquiries
- Assist with departmental operations (tax technology, research resources and budget)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, and Masters in Taxation or Accounting a plus
- 3-5 years of relevant tax experience, public accounting firm a plus
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications (Excel) is essential
- Detail-oriented, organized, and process-driven
- Outstanding oral, written and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently with excellent time management skills
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.