We are looking to hiring a Video Asset Coordinator located in our Brooklyn office to search, edit, coordinate and evaluate clips for their overall quality, technical execution, commercial viability, and adherence to our rights & clearance standards.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in video production & post production technical knowledge, be extremely organized, self-motivated, proactive, flexible and able to pivot when necessary. We are also looking for a candidate that will bring ideas and enthusiasm to this newly created position. Being able to juggle multiple responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an attention to detail at all times is required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with all of VICE’s LOBs to efficiently identify useable footage to be included in our stock database.
- Efficiently evaluate and approve these submitted clips based on defined acceptance standards in a high volume, fast-paced, and super detail-oriented manner.
- Submit and track all footage that is shared with VICE’s stock footage business partners.
- Watch, assess, and perform edits as needed on raw footage in order to create the most impactful footage ensuring commercial viability and material for future projects and distribution.
- Working with VICE’s legal and R&C teams to determine rights & legal standards of all submitted clips.
- Operate as an authority for technical standards, copyright and release requirements for adherence to content standards and suitability for inclusion in our commercial footage database.
- Apply metadata standards, with light metadata editing and a keen eye for keyword and title relevance to drive accurate search engine results.
- Provide consistent, objective, efficient, concise and accurate feedback to internal production teams suggest ideas for future B-roll creation.
- Utilizing knowledge of VICE’s video archive to recommend footage for inclusion in internal productions.
- Working with our partners and internal accounting department, track and internally report monthly earnings of third party licensing of assets, receipt of income.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 2+ years of professional video production experience, preferably as a videographer, editor, or assistant editor.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, practically Adobe Premiere and various other post production software.
- A working knowledge of evolving industry trends which should include, but not limited to, news agencies, historical archives and stock footage vendors.
- Comfortable and enthusiastic about making many detailed judgments repetitively.
- Highly organized, super analytical and extremely detail-oriented.
- Knowledge of media formats, & video codecs.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and be able to effectively multi-task.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Google Docs, Excel, Google Calendar, Gmail, etc
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.