The Procurement Manager is responsible for strategically managing and supporting VICE corporate spend and purchasing projects related to the procurement process from a Category and Vendor Management perspective. The position reports directly to Head of Procurement, with exposure to the finance team and all VICE LOBs.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Own and manage spend categories by vendor including but not limited to; Facilities, Human Resources, IT/IS, Marketing, Business Services, and Travel and Expense
- Engage with Proco team and Stakeholder(s) to scope and re-scope business needs, process and provide executive caliber recommendations with incumbent and new vendors
- Conduct business reviews to benchmark history & identify and execute on securing best go forward opportunities for strategic vendor initiatives.
- Lead RFP and evaluation of high/mid dollar supplier bids & use negotiation strategies to secure profitable deals in line with renewals or changing needs
- Perform or understand cost and scenario analysis, benchmarking recommendations with Head of Procurement and Stakeholders to best position for successful Vendor relationships
- Responsible in partnership with Legal for Vendor contracting process; ensuring agreement(s) meet and exceeds desired business terms and VICE policy based on negotiations
- Research and anticipate shifts in the negotiating power of Vendors by estimating risks and applying risk minimizing techniques
- Managing spend & reporting on savings and quarterly and annual basis; tracking data using systems and tools including NetSuite, AX, and excel
- Proven work experience as a sourcing manager or procurement manager
- Demonstrates strength with sourcing and vendor management and relevant software
- Possesses understanding of market dynamics and sound business judgement
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Ability to negotiate and sustain networking relationships
- Comfortable with figures; collecting, analyzing and interpreting and summarizing data
- Cutting any waste and unnecessary costs to create a streamlined process and fast production times
- Working with suppliers to ensure that key processes are running efficiently and cost-effectively
- Building strong working relationships both internally and with key suppliers
- Contract management and negotiation
- Understanding and keeping up with new trends and regulations in the business
- Dealing with international suppliers
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of Vendor relationship management experience resulting in quantifiable savings and ability to work with suppliers and various stakeholder groups. Having a lead role during all stages of the sourcing process for indirect spend categories is highly preferred. Capable of quick change from one category to the next, and able to summarize data findings into concise actionable next steps a must.
Other prerequisites include:
- Bachelor's in Finance or Business (PMP a bonus)
- NOTE: this is NOT a supply chain/logistics role
- Minimum of 4-6 years of Category Management and/or general indirect procurement experience
- Excellent in Microsoft Office suite - specifically Excel
- Intermediate with contract negotiation & editing fundamentals and RFP process
- Intermediate understanding of global finance infrastructure
- Quick learner on new systems & fluent in purchasing platform technology
- Clear concise communicator with excellent project management & presentation skills
- Exposure to Media sector a bonus
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.