VICE Media is seeking an Ad Sales Assistant in our LA office to work with senior sales reps and assist with departmental and individual scheduling, client hospitality, expense reports, travel and general administration.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Administrative duties assisting senior sales personnel in departmental and individual scheduling and general administration tasks
•Interface with departmental and executive assistants, finance and office management team to improve client service in office
•Interface with travel, production, and VICE offices beyond LA to coordinate and plan travel, client visits and production scheduling
•Complete essential paperwork, expenses and assist Senior Sales staff in administering client calls, sales visits and client service function
•Help sales team develop and build media plans and presentations
• One (1) year of media sales experience or media internship experience
• Strong interest in media strategy/marketing communications
• Ability to be a self-starter and create independence while providing outcomes
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Highly organized
• Ability to work in a high-pressure, demanding, non-traditional sales environment
• Knowledgeable and passionate about all facets of VICE, and global youth culture more broadly.
• Creative problem-solving skills and a commitment to execution of task
• Computer literate with Macintosh Apple systems and other digital marketing systems
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, or other applicable law.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.