VICE is seeking an accomplished, versatile leader to drive audience growth and marketing for VICE’s digital brands. This includes multi-platform audience development, brand marketing, and customer acquisition and retention. This individual will combine abilities in storytelling, analytics, and operations to design and lead a robust marketing organization for the world’s foremost youth media brands.
- Develop data-driven, multi-channel marketing strategies to acquire and retain audiences/customers for VICE Digital offerings, including editorial, video, direct-to-consumer products, and IRL experiences
- Identify, cultivate, and monitor the most lean-forward audiences for each of VICE’s brands, with a strategic approach toward the right audiences to develop and acquire
- Grow the scale and engagement of VICE’s audience on all platforms, and create and measure OKRs against monthly, quarterly, and annual audience growth and loyalty objectives
- Oversee brand marketing, architecture, and positioning
- Work across departments to ensure consistent brand voice across all initiatives, including building a close partnership with product, editorial, multimedia, and video teams to inform and help define roadmaps
- Lead and mentor an effective audience growth organization including audience development and consumer marketing functions
- A minimum of 10 years experience and strong track record of executing innovative, data-driven customer acquisition and retention strategies
- Familiarity with and strong understanding of martech tools required to enable all aspects of marketing and audience development
- Demonstrated impeccable brand judgement (experience in consumer technology-driven brands a plus)
- A dynamic leader that can both establish a strategic vision and command operational excellence
- Proven effectiveness at building, managing, and mentoring high-performing teams
- Deep understanding of consumer media & direct-to-consumer landscape
- Experience as a key stakeholder of product & engineering organizations preferred
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to translate ambiguous concepts into action plans
- Eager, analytical problem solver with a testing mindset
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.