VICE NEWS is seeking a skilled Data Operator to help assist in the coordination, delivery, and management of digital assets for the nightly and weekly programs on HBO. The role entails supporting our Post Production Team, ingesting raw video and audio content, performing QC on incoming media, transcoding video files, tracking and sending deliveries of media, maintaining our digital archive, and serving as liaison between the post and production departments.
This position is expected to be a NIGHT SHIFT, though the schedule may change according to the needs of the department.
Candidates must possess the following qualities:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Extreme attention to detail and ability to spot potential issues
• Ability to prioritize and effectively handle multiple tasks at once
• Working autonomously, as well part of a team
• Flexibility to adjust schedule
Technical skills for strong candidates include but are not limited to:
• Experience with NLE software (Adobe, Avid, Final Cut)
• Managing data in a MAM environment
• Using file transfer services and platforms (Aspera, Media Shuttle)
• Basic understanding of video specs and standards for broadcast
• Assessing technical issues and the proper means of escalation
• Working experience with camera media, hard-drives, and basic media management
• Programming or data entry strategies and best practices
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.