The incoming HRBP will report directly to the VP, US HR Business Partners. VICE seeks an experienced leader who has significant business partner experience, deep subject matter knowledge, and effective communication and interpersonal skills that enable the individual to work successfully on a broad spectrum of talent management issues and projects. The HRBP will work with HRBP colleagues and the VP to build a world-class HRBP function.
The HRBP will lead and manage the talent management related agenda with their client group. The HRBP will lead change management projects and manage the HR-related internal and external communication. The HRBP is a member of management team of their assigned internal client group. The HRBP actively supports discussions and transfers best practices from different functions in the organization. The partner takes over the leadership in the people management area and acts as the facilitator for the management team.
The successful candidate will bring deep functional, management experience and operational leadership, and will drive to innovate and deliver results. Specifically:
- Act as a single point of contact for the employees and managers in the client group
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate
- Work closely with the VP, Employee Relations and Employment Counsel to manage and resolve complex employee relations issues; Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations
- Proactively support the delivery of HR processes at the client’s side
- Manage complex and difficult HR projects cross-functionally
- Build a strong business relationship with the internal client
- Actively identifies gaps, proposes and implements changes necessary to cover risks
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, and succession planning
- Facilitates the management team to bring best solutions for employees
- Act as the performance improvement driver and provokes positive changes in talent management
- Design and maintain data of the performance of the client group from a talent management perspective
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the client group to develop solutions, programs, and policies
- Challenges the organizational structure of the client and proposes changes
- Minimum of 8+ years of professional HR experience including at least 4 years in the HRBP function of leadership for globally-respected, brand-name companies or professional associations.
- Knowledge of employment law as it relates to FMLA, ADA, COBRA.
- Demonstrated ability to drive large-scale cultural change efforts in well-regarded companies, while partnering with key stakeholders.
- Positive role model with strong work ethic and the utmost integrity.
- Excellent consultative, coaching, counseling and conflict resolution skills; ability to influence and articulate a variety of issues to different audiences, tailoring messages accordingly.
- Analytical and creative; capable of flexing solutions to changing demands
- Highly motivated to seek higher levels of performance in self and in others.
- Commitment to the highest standards of excellence and personal integrity.
- Able to independently juggle multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.