Vicarious Surgical is hiring a Senior Software Architect to join our team in Waltham, MA. As a Senior Software Architect your position is at the intersection of advanced software technologies and proven architectural techniques. You will define, and build key interfaces, messaging infrastructure and process automation for our surgical robot product. You will help deploy this advanced methodology across our software teams to boost system quality and accelerate our drive to market all the while ensuring the architecture meets regulatory standards.
Vicarious Surgical is a next generation robotics company developing a disruptive technology with the goal of increasing the efficiency of surgical procedure, improving patient outcomes and reducing healthcare costs. Together, we share a love for learning and we are passionate teachers. As a company, we set ambitious goals and individually, we share in that ambition. At the office, we enjoy each other’s company during happy hours, catered lunches and company celebrations.
- Develop model-driven architecture of enterprise-wide robotics software and ensure the software meets safety-critical requirements, is scalable/extensible, has the required level of security and meets user needs.
- Whenever necessary develop software to explain key architectural concepts or to create architectural / design patterns that are best explained through working software.
- Responsible for data architecture of the product and ensures data models are consistent with various clinical flows and business requirements.
- Owner/contributor of various architectural artifacts including architecture document. Ensure architecture is documented while presenting various views such as logical, deployment, and run-time views.
- Participate in software FMEA and other risk analysis activities and guide lesser experienced members in this activity.
- Investigate design approaches, prototype concepts, and evaluate technical feasibility.
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment and deliver highest quality software against aggressive schedules.
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, or other equivalent education.
- Experience with system development to Linux and modern embedded RTOSs.
- Familiarity with distributed systems communications approaches and tools (DDS is helpful)
- Expertise in UML/SysML modeling, architectural component, and interface modeling, with document and code generation from MagicDraw.
- Good command over software engineering tools and environments including Eclipse, Visual Studio, Jenkins, SW Configuration Management in GitHub/GitLab.
- Familiarity with test automation frameworks and methods, including GTest, JUnit, ATDD/BDD.
- Strong experience in continuous integration/continuous automated testing within the software development process
- Works very well in a collaborative, fast paced, multidisciplinary environment, and thrives under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to mentor newer or junior team members.
- Positive can-do demeanor and inculcates the same with other team members.
- Ability to work very well with geographically distributed teams and can work with teams from a very diverse background.
- Has worked in an Agile/Scrum environment.