Vicarious Surgical is hiring a Product Owner to join our Software Engineering team in Waltham, MA. In this exciting new role, you will be responsible for defining software priorities for the Vicarious Surgical’s robotic platform. You will work as the technical liaison between the software development teams and the business customers. This role will work closely with upstream marketing, System Engineers, Architect, HF/UX Designers and Researchers, DevOps, Testers, Scrum Master, and others.
Vicarious Surgical’s novel approach to surgery uses a combination of proprietary, human-like surgical robots and virtual reality to transport surgeons inside the patient when performing minimally invasive surgery.
This is a terrific opportunity to join our company at a very exciting time and be a key member of a team that will bring our robotic solution to the market, offering a cost-effective path to improving patient outcomes and increasing the efficiency of surgical procedures for hospitals.
- Develop a deep understanding of the product functionality and its value proposition and share it with the software team- explaining product vision and user stories to the team to ensure requirements are understood and customer value is delivered.
- Document requirements for upcoming product releases, epics, write user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Actively participate in all sprints including planning, daily standups, retrospectives, and (leading) refinement.
- Build, prioritize, monitor, and maintain the product Backlog, prioritizing stories for each sprint.
- Solve product scope related problems and perform trade-off analysis to stay on track towards business deliverable commitments.
- Validate and approve that each story meets acceptance criteria and is complete.
- Provide product support through training, documentation, and investigation/coordination of reported issues and improvement requests.
- Partner with Technical Writers to complete IFU Development.
- Raise to Management if there is a need to rescope based on team output and timelines.
- Craft internal and external communications around features, including release notes.
- 4+ years of experience working as a Product Owner, Business Analyst or Product Manager in the Medical Device Industry
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with employing Agile and Scrum Software Development processes (ideally within the Medical Device Industry)
- Experience defining customer needs, prioritizing those needs as well-defined requirements, then writing specific & clear user stories from those requirements
- Solid understanding of the product lifecycle
- Ability to optimally work with Agile teams within a highly collaborative environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management and time management skills
- Proven success recognizing critical issues and driving them to closure
- Ability to travel about 15% of the time
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience in robotic surgery is a plus, but not required