Vicarious Surgical is hiring a Lead Software Automation Engineer to join its growing Software Test Team! This critical team member will be responsible for architecting the automation framework for our software testing function. In fact, as a Lead Software Automation Engineer, you will plan, design, develop test frameworks and test procedures to automate the tests on our surgical robot system.
You will work in a diverse team of software engineers, hardware engineers and the core leadership team in an agile development environment creating a scalable plan for the future of test automation supporting multiple releases. This new team member will need to manage and provide leadership to all phases of test automation engineering projects under the guidance of Senior Test Manager, and lead all aspects of these projects from conception, design and initial specifications through completion and turnover.
Vicarious Surgical’s novel approach to surgery uses a combination of proprietary, human-like surgical robots and virtual reality to transport surgeons inside the patient when performing minimally invasive surgery.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity for the experienced Automation professional to influence the architecture of an automation testing framework at fast-growing surgical robotics company with a novel surgical robot aimed at democratizing robotic surgery. If you are interested, please apply today.
- Lead the design and development of automated test architectures that are scalable, reusable, and sustainable.
- Create test automation scripts to support software testing.
- Strong understanding of how to create effective test protocols and properly document test cases.
- Responsible for code analysis, debugging, review and execution of automated integration tests.
- Work with DevOps team to integrate automation with continuous integration (Jenkins) and test reporting systems.
- Participate in product technical design discussions and product design reviews to identify needs and test candidates for automation.
- Support continuous testing during Sprint at appropriate milestones during development to test new feature development and identify software defects.
- 8+ years of experience in software testing and test automation.
- Expertise in C,C++ or Python, and industry standard automation software frameworks.
- Knowledge and experience with Continuous Development/Continuous Integration (CI/CD) preferably using Jenkins.
- Excellent knowledge and proficiency in automation technology methods, techniques, and strategies.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to mentor newer or junior team members.
- Positive can-do demeanor and inculcates the same with other team members.
- Ability to work very well with geographically distributed teams and can work with teams from a very diverse background.
- Has worked in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Prior experience testing robotic software systems within the medical/surgical robotics space is a definite plus.
- Knowledge of software testing in the medical device industry is a plus.