Location: Fully Remote, or NYC Office
We're a rapidly growing startup building software for real-time autonomous accounting and financial intelligence. Our proprietary AI and beautifully crafted UIs combine to give accountants and finance teams capabilities they've never had before.
Vic was founded by three Norwegian entrepreneurs and is backed by some of the world's best VC firms: ICONIQ Growth, Costanoa Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, and GGV Capital.
Our HQ office is located in Manhattan, New York. However, we are a remote-friendly company.
We are revolutionizing how financial back-office automation and B2B spend works.... a mind-meltingly large market. We are a talented, hard-driving team led by experienced entrepreneurs. If you're an enthusiastic, detail-oriented, curious disruptor, come build with us, you'll fit right in.
You've worked in data analysis roles in 3+ years, and are a believer in data-driven solutions for product development. You excel in tackling new analytical problems and types of data. You understand both applying complex statistical models to analysis, and when the task can be solved by examining simple measures. You are comfortable describing data-driven solutions to developers, and presenting analysis outcomes to stakeholders across the organization.
You're ready for the next step in your career, ready to take on fast-moving challenges. You're enthusiastic about AI and the possibilities it opens for software development and transforming traditional work. You have experience in working with both statistics and machine learning. You aim at reaching greatness and delivering exceptional outcomes in your work.
You are fluent in English. You can work remotely if required. Preferred locations EU and US.
You will become part of our core ML team, responsible for the systems that tie everything together into a production environment for our customers. The main focus of the role is to perform analysis tasks for ML model development, as well as ML-related analysis tasks coming from the rest of the company. The tasks for the role range from data visualization and EDA to statistical tests and error analysis. You'll work together with the ML team members to develop the ML algorithms used for Vic.ai products, and produce reports required by the other parts of the company, including sales, customer success and product development.
- 3+ years in published research or as commercial data analyst
- Math, stats or CS degree
Required soft skills:
- Curiosity, interest in learning new skills and technologies
- Solid work ethic, commitment to work quality
- Ability to work autonomously and drive tasks
- Conversational and planning skills for team work
- Adaptiveness to work in a rapid-growth phase company
- 3+ years in Python
- Analysis skills, including EDA, statistical experimentation, testing and root cause analysis
- Pandas, SQL, Jupyter
- Software engineering core skills (OOP&FP, unit testing, versioning, encapsulation, maintainability)
- Docker, Git and AWS
- Data visualization libraries and tools
- Data engineering experience, including ETL & databases
- Experience in ML model development and testing
- Work experience in production ML
What we offer
- An exciting work environment operating at the forefront of AI technology development
- Competitive salary
- 401K, health/vision/wellness perks (including health insurance coverage option 100% free for the employee AND family and perks like ClassPass and CitiBike!)
- Generous maternity and paternity leave
- Virtual team building events & awesome swag
- People-focused culture, adding-value and fun to our meetings
- Generous vacation time, family and travel-friendly environment
- Work alongside an enthusiastic, collegial, and driven team in a highly meritocratic environment
- The opportunity to work remotely, including workstation setup
- A team-focused culture. The team builds the product, the business builds the team.