Location: Remote and New York City
This is a fully remote position, full-time, with flexible working hours and work arrangements.
About Vic Ai
We're a rapidly growing startup, building software for real-time autonomous accounting and financial intelligence. Our proprietary AI and beautifully crafted UIs combine to give accountants and businesses capabilities they've never had before.
We were founded by three Norwegian entrepreneurs, and are fortunate to have some renowned investors and partners: ICONIQ, Costanoa Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, and GGV Capital.
Our HQ office is located in Manhattan, New York. However, we are a remote friendly company.
Our company is re-thinking how financial back-office automation and B2B spend works....a mind-meltingly large market. We're a talented, hard-driving team led by experienced entrepreneurs. If you’re an enthusiastic, detail-oriented, curious disruptor, come build with us, you’ll fit right in.
The Vic.ai UI Team builds the beautiful Mobile and Web apps of our AI platform. We create software that thousands of accountants use every day as their home!
Because the team is small, you’ll need both killer coding/architecture abilities and a good sense of UI/UX. This is a great opportunity for someone who likes being part of the entire software life cycle, from concept to delivery.
As our Senior UI Engineer, you will:
- Implement air-tight, highly polished interfaces in a next-gen web app!
- Collaborate with the product and design teams (Figma).
- Work with the rest of the engineering team to wire interfaces up to the rest of the stack.
- You have 5+ years of experience shipping tightly-conceived, well-crafted software.
- You’re experienced with modern view frameworks (e.g. React, Vue, Svelte).
- You’ve used CSS preprocessors (e.g. PostCSS, Sass) and maybe some CSS in JS.
- You’ve consumed REST APIs for years, and have opinions on architectural pros & cons.
- You’re familiar with modern build systems (e.g. webpack, parcel, gatsby).
- You’re comfortable collaborating via Git and GitHub on large repositories.
- You love shipping high-quality code and UIs that users love!
- You'll be challenged, solving a number of tough but representative problems on-the-fly. You'll get to demonstrate all you've learned from 5+ years experience building day-in and day-out.
- Please note: If you are not 4+ years into your career as an Engineer, and prepared to tackle the challenge, this opportunity is not for you (and that's ok!)
What we offer....
- An exciting work environment operating at the forefront of AI technology development
- Competitive salary
- 401K, health/vision/wellness perks (including health insurance coverage option 100% free for the employee AND family)
- Generous maternity and paternity leave
- Virtual team building events & awesome swag
- People-focused culture, adding value and fun to our meetings
- Generous vacation time, family and travel-friendly environment
- Work alongside an enthusiastic, collegial, and driven team in a highly meritocratic environment
- The opportunity to work remotely, including workstation setup
- A team-focused culture. The team builds the product, the business builds the team.
As an employee first culture, Vic.ai also offers in person retreats to employees. We love connecting in person as a remote-first company. We make it a benefit to our employees to come together and be able to celebrate our accomplishments, work together in person, and enjoy team building activities! We hold company retreats multiple times a year to keep our Vic.ai community strong.
Check out all the fun we are having @vicdotai on our Instagram page. Also, don’t forget to follow us on LinkedIn to stay up to date on our AI technology and new career opportunities to join our teams.
Acceptance and inclusion for everyone is at the heart of our company. We strive for diversity of thought, culture and background, which connects the entire Vic.ai community. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.