About Vic Ai
We are a rapidly growing US based global start-up with roots from Norway. We develop artificial intelligence (AI) that simplifies the world of accounting. Our platform for accounting firms and enterprise finance departments automates multiple finance functions, helping accounts payable (AP) teams become more efficient and reduce errors on routine tasks such as invoice processing, approval workflows, and electronic payment processing.
We were founded by three Norwegian entrepreneurs and are backed by renowned Silicon Valley investors including Costanoa Ventures, Cowboy Ventures and GGV Capital.
We have two main office locations, New York and Oslo. Like most, we are all currently working from home. Our engineering team is spread all over the globe and we’re looking for a Project Manager with great emotional intelligence and a passion for leading teams to achieve lofty goals.
It’s an exciting time of growth in Vic.ai, and you’ll have an opportunity to use your skills to truly impact the structure of the teams and champion an efficient and healthy work environment for our Engineers.
- You are fluent in English.
- You have a strong curiosity to investigate problems and search for the solutions in a very methodical yet multi-faceted way.
- You can juggle many tasks at once understanding that priorities can shift several times a week or even in a day.
- You are able to sift through logs and error messages to identify the root cause and escalate to the correct team with the correct priority assessment.
You will become part of our incident management team, within the larger Engineering team.
The main focus of the role is to investigate incident reports from across all environments, in both the mobile and web app, and work with engineering to release a timely and high quality fix back into production. This role includes working closely with the Incident Manager and Engineering by conducting deep-dive investigation into reported incidents and providing well written incident reports thus contributing to the smooth resolution of incidents.
Key areas of responsibility
- Investigate all incoming incident reports
- Work with the Incident Manager to flag critical and high priority incidents needing immediate attention
- Work with Incident Manager to track all Middle and Low Priority incidents to be brought into weekly planning
- Review automation test results and flag to automation engineers + Incident Manager for review
- Monitor alerts channels and logs
- Provide well-researched and structured incident reports to on-call engineer for incident resolution
- Assist in QA of incident fixes as well as regular product releases
Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Technology, or similar studies preferred
- Several years experience in IT field, preferably in start-up environment
- Experience sifting through hundreds of logs and error messages to identify the root cause
- Knowledge of incident response and handling methodologies
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Sentry and Datadog
- Experience with incident management tools such as Jira and Github
- Exposure to Python and Elixir code is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in high pressure situations
What we offer
- An exciting work environment operating at the forefront of AI technology development
- A company full of incredibly talented, curious and friendly people
- The opportunity to work remotely including workstation setup (hardware, accessories, etc.)
- Company-funded team building events to create a more cohesive team and strong culture
- Competitive compensation package
As an employee first culture, Vic.ai also offers in person retreats to employees. We love connecting in person as a remote-first company. We make it a benefit to our employees to come together and be able to celebrate our accomplishments, work together in person, and enjoy team building activities! We hold company retreats multiple times a year to keep our Vic.ai community strong.
Check out all the fun we are having @vicdotai on our Instagram page. Also, don’t forget to follow us on LinkedIn to stay up to date on our AI technology and new career opportunities to join our teams.
Acceptance and inclusion for everyone is at the heart of our company. We strive for diversity of thought, culture and background, which connects the entire Vic.ai community. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.