Location: Fully Remote, or NYC Office
We're a rapidly growing startup building software for real-time autonomous accounting and financial intelligence. Our proprietary AI and beautifully crafted UIs combine to give accountants and finance teams capabilities they've never had before.
Vic was founded by three Norwegian entrepreneurs and is backed by some of the world's best VC firms: ICONIQ Growth, Costanoa Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, and GGV Capital.
Our HQ office is located in Manhattan, New York. However, we are a remote-friendly company.
We are revolutionizing how financial back-office automation and B2B spend works.... a mind-meltingly large market. We are a talented, hard-driving team led by experienced entrepreneurs. If you're an enthusiastic, detail-oriented, curious disruptor, come build with us, you'll fit right in.
We have a relaxed, professional culture, and most of our engineering team does asynchronous remote work on a permanent basis. We're a team of builders—when we aren't building Vic.ai, we're tinkering with a personal project, contributing to open source, modding a drone, building a computer from components, etc.
You've worked in ML software engineering for the past 3+ years, and have a DevOps approach to development. You have a keen interest in the emerging MLOps field, and are up-to-date with the current developments. You are passionate about programming, and have experience with a variety of languages and programming styles.
You're ready for the next step in your career, ready to take on fast-moving challenges. You're enthusiastic about AI and the possibilities it opens for software development and transforming traditional work. You aim at reaching greatness and delivering exceptional outcomes.
As a team player, you are not afraid of reaching out to your colleagues to discuss development challenges, especially when you are stuck trying to solve a specific issue. You understand that software engineering requires a culture of code ownership, taking initiative when needed, and flexible collaboration across the wider company.
You are fluent in English. You can work remotely if required. Preferred locations EU and US.
You will become part of our core ML team, responsible for the systems that tie everything together into a production environment for our customers. The main focus of the role is to scale, maintain and optimize our model training pipelines across our regions. This requires advanced use of distributed processing frameworks such as Docker, Lambda, Ray and Airflow. You'll work closely with the other team members, contributing in MLOps areas such as data validation, monitoring and deployment.
- 3+ years in commercial software development
- CS or engineering degree
Required soft skills:
- Curiosity, interest in learning new skills and technologies
- Solid work ethic, commitment to work quality
- Ability to work autonomously and drive tasks
- Conversational and planning skills for team work
- Adaptiveness to work in a rapid-growth phase company
- 3+ years in Python and Bash
- Software engineering core skills (OOP&FP, unit testing, versioning, encapsulation, maintainability)
- Orchestration frameworks, such as Airflow, Ray, Celery, Kubernetes
- Docker, Git and AWS
- Ops experience, including CI/CD
- ML model training and deployment
- Data engineering experience, including ETL&databases
- Python ML stack, including Numpy, Pandas, Scikit-learn, and ML-libraries
- Experience in ML model development and testing
- Data analysis, including notebook-based EDA
- Computer science, including complexity theory
What we offer
- An exciting work environment operating at the forefront of AI technology development
- Competitive salary
- 401K, health/vision/wellness perks (including health insurance coverage option 100% free for the employee AND family and perks like ClassPass and CitiBike!)
- Generous maternity and paternity leave
- Virtual team building events & awesome swag
- People-focused culture, adding-value and fun to our meetings
- Generous vacation time, family and travel-friendly environment
- Work alongside an enthusiastic, collegial, and driven team in a highly meritocratic environment
- The opportunity to work remotely, including workstation setup
- A team-focused culture. The team builds the product, the business builds the team.