We help marketers unlock new revenue by arming them with the technology and expertise they need to succeed in mobile marketing. Vibes helps the world’s top brands to engage their customers on their mobile devices. Our SaaS platform enables marketers to drive revenue growth and loyalty through mobile messaging, mobile wallet marketing (Apple Wallet and Google Pay), post-click engagement, and advanced targeting and personalization. Vibes has delivered more than 10 billion mobile experiences on behalf of customers that include Home Depot, Amazon, Allstate, Chipotle, Lego, Disney and more. To learn more about Vibes, visit www.vibes.com.
Vibes is seeking a Principal Data Engineer to provide technical leadership for our data and analytics teams.
We are a group of passionate technologists, intent on solving hard problems in the evolving world of mobile engagement. We focus on collaboration and continuous improvement of our products and ourselves. Our current initiatives are heavily focused on improving user experience and evolving our cloud-based applications and systems.
You are a data fanatic with 8+ years of deep technical experience working with highly scalable data solutions. You are also a dedicated coach and mentor to others, and are excited about having a significant impact within the broader Data and Engineering community. You’ve architected data pipelines to scale, are a test-driven practitioner, advocate for automated pipelines, and are seeking an opportunity to work on cloud-based ETL pipelines with a passionate team.
This role is located at 300 W. Adam Street, Chicago, IL.
- Provide technical leadership to our Data and Analytics Team
- Mentor and develop more junior Data Engineers
- Collaborate with Engineering leadership on architectural enhancements to the platform with Big Data tools (e.g. Kafka)
- Manage and optimize Snowflake storage systems
- Manage and enhance Airflow as part of Vibes’ ETL pipeline
- Cultivate strong Data Science practices throughout the Vibes Technology organization
Requirements & Qualifications:
- 8 + years of software engineering experience, preferably with Python
- Deep understanding of ETL processes and cloud-based infrastructures, such as AWS
- Demonstrated experience leveraging data in intelligent ways to enhance the customer experience
- Data modeling experience for analytic ecosystems
- Knowledge of multiple ETL technologies, including traditional RDBMS and structure-less solutions
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, with predictive analytics and NLP
- Experience developing software applications and systems leveraging CI/CD patterns
- Excellent interpersonal and cross functional communication skills
- Evangelizes data literacy both internally and externally to help drive data-driven decisions within the organization
- Gains the trust and confidence of those around them
- Drives adoption of modern technologies and architectural patterns within the technology teams
- Experience in building reusable frameworks for data ingestion and streaming analytic solutions using technologies such as Kinesis, Kafka or Apache Spark
- Knowledge of standard source code control systems: Git, subversion, etc.
Our Core Values
- Respect, Honesty, and Integrity for All Stakeholders
- Always be Learning
- Relentless Focus on the Customer
- Never be Satisfied
- Create Value
- Seek Accountability and Ownership
Vibes is an equal opportunity employer that encourages and fosters diversity in the workplace. We offer a career building experience in a fast-paced organization and industry.