We help marketers unlock new revenue by arming them with the technology and expertise they need to succeed in mobile marketing. The Vibes Mobile Engagement Platform enables marketers to easily manage all mobile communication channels including text messaging, push notifications, Apple Wallet, Google Pay and mobile web campaigns — all through a single interface. Vibes has delivered more than ten billion mobile experiences on behalf of customers that include Chipotle, Discover, Home Depot, PetSmart, Foot Locker and Allstate, and is recognized as one of only four Tier 1 aggregators by the Common Short Code Administration (CSCA). To learn more about Vibes, visit www.vibes.com.
Vibes is seeking a front-end zealot to help us develop and launch our next generation UI and provide thought-leadership towards iterative improvement.
We are a group of passionate technologists, intent on solving hard problems in the evolving world of mobile engagement. We focus on collaboration and continuous improvement of our products and ourselves. Our current initiatives are heavily focused on improving user experience and redefining our front-end engineering practices.
You are an experienced front-end craftsman, passionate about building user-friendly and scalable web applications. You've architected web applications to scale, are a test-driven practitioner, advocate for automated pipelines, and are seeking an opportunity to work on the next generation of web applications with a passionate team.
This role reports directly to the Vice President of Engineering and works from 300 W. Adam Street, Chicago, IL.
- 4 years of experience developing front-end web experiences
- 2+ years of experience leading front-end development at a software company
- Solid understanding of web technologies, such as CSS, HTML5, JSON, and Ajax
- Significant experience:
- implementing JS libraries such as ReactJS, Node.js
- in automated UI testing tools and implementation including unit, functional and browser testing
- advocating UI/Style guideline usage across applications in a portfolio
- developing Multiple Web Applications
- reforming existing Web Applications
- Excellent interpersonal and cross functional interactions (Product, UI/UX, QA, et al)
- Knowledge of at least one object-oriented programming language (Ruby, Java, C#, et al) a plus
- Experience building highly scalable web applications.
- Familiarity with source code control: Git, subversion, et al
- Experience with AWS a plus
Our Core Values
- Respect, Honesty, and Integrity for All Stakeholders
- Always be Learning
- Relentless Focus on the Customer
- Never be Satisfied
- Create Value
- Seek Accountability and Ownership
Vibes is an equal opportunity employer that encourages and fosters diversity in the workplace. We offer a career building experience in a fast-paced organization and industry.