Vibalogics continues to become one of the world’s leading suppliers to the virotherapy markets. As a premier partner for biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, we offer our customers a complete solution for the development and production of material for the testing of drugs for viro and gene therapy. We focus on the product groups of replication-capable viruses such as oncolytic viruses and viral vectors.
As a strongly growing and very ambitious contract development and manufacturing organization, we work according to the principles of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs). From our newly established headquarters in Massachusetts and well established facility in Cuxhaven, Germany, we serve customers in Europe, North America and Asia, thereby supporting the development of highly innovative drugs. Our customers include the world's largest pharmaceutical companies and numerous biotechnology firms.
Our employees are engaged and passionate about the company and the patients we indirectly serve. Our daily work is extremely varied and offers many opportunities for development.
If you are looking for a trusting, respectful and open environment where you can contribute to producing life changing virotherapies, let’s have a discussion.
Vibalogics is seeking to fill multiple openings in the Downstream Process Development (DSPD) group – with varying levels of seniority. This role will provide viral production solutions in support of clinical and commercial virotherapy/gene therapy products for our pharmaceutical customers. The DSPD plays a key role in delivering a critical scientific approach to build and optimize viral product manufacturing processes.
In collaboration with Company’s upstream process developments (USPD), Bioanalytics Development (AD), Quality Control (QC), Quality Assurance (QA), Manufacturing Science and Technology (MSAT), site cGMP manufacturing operation and external partners, the DSPD team will be delivering on downstream process strategies and strategy implementations. The ideal candidate will have expertise or experiences in purification of viral vector or recombinant biotherapeutics.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Excellent in downstream process developments, e.g., large volume (up to 200L) harvest, clarification/filtration, AEX/CEX chromatography, TFF, etc.
- Support PD labs/AD labs/cGMP facility build, such as manufacturing flowchart and process maps, identified equipment, instruments, data systems, tools and accessories.
- Develop and continuously improve downstream manufacturing processes to meet individual customers’ needs for their clinical and/or commercial virotherapy and gene therapy products.
- Willing to learn new technologies from vendors, co-workers and other working groups and take a continuous training.
The individual in this position must be versatile and able to accommodate the needs of a diverse array of clients. Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and good communication are necessary to be successful in this role.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Teamwork – Ability to share information and support others voluntarily to build up with appropriate work ethics
- Organizational Skills – Ability to prioritize and manage through complex processes/projects.
- Detail-orientation - excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION:
- PhD/MS/BA Degree in Biochemical Engineering, Biotechnology, Biological Sciences with/without years of pharmaceutical manufacturing & process development experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise of filtration, TFF and chromatography purifications.
- Ability to think critically, and demonstrated troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Teamwork-oriented and proactive in dynamic working environment with other functional groups and clients
- Pharmaceutical, Biotech products GMP manufacturing experience is a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience of virus/viral production is a plus
- Can work around large machinery and typical utilities seen in pharmaceutical facilities.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to walk, bend, squat, lift approximately 30 pounds.
- Ability to function in a rapidly changing environment & handle multiple priorities.
- A flexible work schedule is required, with the ability to address unplanned facility situations as they arise.
- Ability to work with controlled substance and hazardous waste.
- This role is based in Boxborough, MA.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently
Vibalogics US, Inc. offers a very competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, prescription drug coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k), and generous vacation and time off policies among other attractive benefits. We operate in a world class facility to attract the best and brightest talent to work collaboratively in our mission to bring novel therapies to the patients who need them most.
Vibalogics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Vibalogics Germany, GmbH Sie werden von Ihren Kolleginnen und Kollegen sorgfältig eingearbeitet und erhalten ggf. fachspezifische Fortbildungen, um im Anschluss Ihr Arbeitsgebiet eigenständig und sicher verantworten zu können.
Wir bieten eine abwechslungsreiche Tätigkeit in einem modernen Unternehmen mit einer sehr kollegialen Atmosphäre, vielseitige Weiterentwicklungsmöglichkeiten und eine attraktive Vergütung.