Are you keen on being in the forefront and have a great interest in Java development? Wonderful, then we already have something in common! We are looking for a Senior Java Developer with a curious mind to solve fun and complex problems in our office in Stockholm. If you think this description fits you, be sure to send us your application!
Being part of our Java Backend Team you will take responsibility and pitch in where needed as a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team, that gets to work with the fun stuff! We feel our culture is modern with a relaxed atmosphere, where the technical teams are prestigeless, problem solving oriented, flexible and where we want everyone to feel at home and we certainly hope that you will too. Viaplay takes pride in being an innovative company, with eyes and mindset on bleeding edge technology and where test-driven development & continuous deployments are central in the deployment process. In short. We have an offer you can't refuse!
The challenge ahead
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, and services
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Work with engineers across the company to build new features at large-scale
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- IAM (Identity and Access Management)
- Commerce (e.g. signup, backend purchase flows, payment meta-data such as pricing etc)
What we are looking for
Successful candidates also meet the following requirements:
- Enjoy and have solid experience in building APIs
- Thrive in a collaborative environment, reviewing code and being open to feedback
- Actively takes ownership and responsibility of high quality code
- Knows the right balance between elegant solutions and time-to-market
- Experience and understanding of full software development life-cycle
- Relevant professional experience, we're looking for a senior (7+ years) team member
You might work on
- Building a new API, or iterate on existing APIs using Java, Protobuf, REST, HATEOAS
- Building supporting tools for our services aiding tech operations and on-call teams
- Identifying and improving parts of the services to make them more robust, resilient and scalable
- Maintaining and expanding our documentation about services and the platform
- Deploy services in Amazon AWS and monitor rollouts and everyday service behaviour using Splunk, Grafana and AWS tools
- Running services on your local machine using Docker for some serious testing sessions
- Identifying, improving and implementing service metrics using Prometheus
- Digging into requirements and service dependencies involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Going bananas trying out some new cool programming language, technology, tool or framework during our recurring Viaplay Hack Days
We want to hear from you
Our HQ is in Stockholm, but our market is the Nordics. You will become part of an amazing company with great people, content and culture. If this feels like your kind of challenge, please apply and attach your CV and cover letter. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact our recruiter Max Moen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nordic Entertainment Group AB (publ.) (NENT Group) is committed to equality and diversity and we welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and marital status. We want to make sure your recruitment experience is the best it can be – so, if you’re selected for an interview, please let us know if there are any adjustments we can make that would be helpful for you.
Nordic Entertainment Group AB (publ.) (NENT Group) is the Nordic region’s leading entertainment provider. We entertain millions of people every day with our streaming services, TV channels and radio stations, and our production companies create content that is experienced around the world. We make life more entertaining by telling stories, touching lives and expanding worlds – from live sports, movies and series to music and original shows. Headquartered in Stockholm, NENT Group is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (‘NENT A’ and ‘NENT B’).