Always wanted to go serverless? Are your dreams up in the cloud? And not afraid of trying new technologies? Perfect, then we could have a match! We’re looking for a full stack developer for one our product teams in Stockholm. If you believe you have what it takes - we’re waiting for you application!
As a Fullstack Developer at Viaplay you will have the opportunity to work at the forefront of digital media, growing the platform and the product to meet the challenges of a continuously growing user base. Your engagement will shape the future of our service as you’ll be involved in defining the cutting edge for video on demand while providing the best value possible to our customers. We are now looking for a new team member to help us grow the product, enhance our user experience and create the next generation of streaming services with great focus on customer value.
The challenge ahead
You will be working as a Fullstack Developer, mainly focusing on Backend Development, in a cross-functional team of Frontend and Backend Developers, UI/UX Designers and QA Specialists. The team is responsible for delivering great features to the Viaplay product, continuously adding functionality to our system, while improving existing features. As our teams works cross-functionally you will also collaborate closely with people in other functions as well. Some of your daily challenges will include:
- Microservice/Serverless architecture
- Using multiple programming paradigms and languages
- Flexible production environment supported by Docker hosted in the Amazon Cloud
- An agile development process where we promote pair/mob programming
What we are looking for
We are looking for a passionate developer with an genuine interest in software development and an ambition to constantly improve your skills. You like to be part of a team that makes things happen in a brilliant manner. If you also have an interest in multiple programming languages or new technologies out of your resumé, you will fit right in!
- Degree in computer science, computer engineering or an equivalent level of work experience
- Good understanding of Representational State Transfer and Protocol buffer data exchanging mechanisms.
- Understanding of test- and/or behavior-driven development (TDD/BDD) including supporting frameworks
- Experience in developing services in the cloud, preferably AWS
- An interest and motivation to work with modern frameworks
- Experience working with a state-less and high transactional end user product
- Familiar with performance testing
- Familiar with cost efficient developments
We want to hear from you
Our HQ is in Stockholm, but our market is the Nordics. You will become part of an amazing company with great people, content and culture. If this feels like your kind of challenge, please apply and attach your CV and cover letter. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact our recruiter Max Moen at email@example.com.
Nordic Entertainment Group AB (publ.) (NENT Group) is committed to equality and diversity and we welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and marital status. We want to make sure your recruitment experience is the best it can be – so, if you’re selected for an interview, please let us know if there are any adjustments we can make that would be helpful for you.
Nordic Entertainment Group AB (publ.) (NENT Group) is the Nordic region’s leading entertainment provider. We entertain millions of people every day with our streaming services, TV channels and radio stations, and our production companies create content that is experienced around the world. We make life more entertaining by telling stories, touching lives and expanding worlds – from live sports, movies and series to music and original shows. Headquartered in Stockholm, NENT Group is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (‘NENT A’ and ‘NENT B’).