Viam is a robotics platform that makes it easy to turn great ideas into production-ready robots. Viam works with any hardware and has a modern architecture, easy developer APIs, cloud connectivity and tools, and enterprise-grade security to give even the leanest teams the power to launch and scale their robotics business.
Viam makes building, deploying and managing robots more flexible, affordable and easy to use so that builders can do more with robots while getting them to market faster. By making robotics more accessible, Viam is attracting talent and investment to the industry so that more people start working with robots to build products and services that improve our world.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Build Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining our build and release processes, tooling and infrastructure. You'll also be a hands-on contributor to the tooling and processes our customer's use to publish their code into the Viam ecosystem. Your expertise will be crucial in ensuring the efficient and reliable delivery of software releases, and will play a key role in packaging Viam's and customers' source code into different operating systems and architectures.
- Designing, developing, and maintaining robust build scripts, tools, and processes to automate the build, packaging, and deployment of software releases.
- Collaborating with development teams to understand their build requirements and provide guidance on best practices.
- Implementing and maintaining build infrastructure, ensuring scalability, availability, and performance.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting build failures, identifying and resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Packaging source code into different operating systems and architectures, ensuring compatibility and compliance with industry standards.
- Branching out into other projects as needed, providing support and best practices for the build process.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Proven experience as a Build Engineer or similar role in a software development environment.
- Strong expertise in build and release automation, tooling, and scripting languages such as Go, Python, and/or Bash.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze and debug complex build issues.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work independently and collaborate effectively.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent practical experience).
- Experience working with community users and clients is a plus.
- 100% covered medical/dental/vision insurance plans, commuter benefits
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- 25 days paid vacation and generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Fertility health benefits
- Class Pass & Citi Bike memberships
- Free lunch everyday that you’re in the office
- 20 weeks paid parental leave
The starting salary for this role is between $150K-200K/year. Your exact offer will vary based on a number of factors including experience level, skillset, market location, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. We recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced, or more senior, than this job description as posted. In these situations, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate. In addition to cash compensation, Viam offers a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants, health benefits, and more.
- Vision Driven
- Collaborate Openly
- Act Decisively
- Succeed Through Diversity
- Hold Ourselves Accountable
- Lead with Curiosity
Learn more about our values here!