Viam is a robotics platform that makes it easy to turn great ideas into production-ready robots. Viam works with any hardware and has a modern architecture, easy developer APIs, cloud connectivity and tools, and enterprise-grade security to give even the leanest teams the power to launch and scale their robotics business.
Viam makes building, deploying and managing robots more flexible, affordable and easy to use so that builders can do more with robots while getting them to market faster. By making robotics more accessible, Viam is attracting talent and investment to the industry so that more people start working with robots to build products and services that improve our world.
Viam's products are built by engineers, for engineers. We are building a platform we would want to use ourselves. Creating technical documentation of our products is essential for the success of our users. As a Technical Writer, you will join a team focused on enabling software engineers to build and program robots.
We're looking for someone with:
- Experience mentoring technical writers
- Experience in technical writing
- Experience with automation (GitHub Actions, scripting…)
- Experience or a wish to work with physical hardware
- An interest in solving challenging problems with practical solutions
- Mentoring other technical writers
- Writing the documentation for Viam’s products
- Helping build the layout and information architecture of our documentation
- Helping with improvements to our Hugo framework and automation workflows
- Contributing to and editing tutorial blog content
In 3 Months:
- You are working with other writers to improve their writing skills
- You understand the Viam platform and feel comfortable assembling robots based on tutorials and writing small programs for robots with our SDKs
- You are comfortable with our toolchain and have started contributing improvements to our workflows
- You are comfortable discussing the product with our engineers for documentation purposes
In 6 - 12 Months:
- You are improving the documentation based on qualitative and quantitative data
- You are building out or curating content to enable developers without hardware experience to use Viam
- You are helping us build out a developer blog by setting vision and tone or editing content from external writers
- 100% covered medical/dental/vision insurance plans, commuter benefits
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Reproductive Health Benefits including Fertility Benefits and Abortion Access Travel Benefits
- 25 days paid vacation and generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Class Pass & Citi Bike memberships
- Free lunch everyday that you’re in the office
- Paid parental leave
The starting salary for this role in the US is between $120,000 - $165,000/year. Your exact offer will vary based on a number of factors including experience level, skillset, market location, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. We recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced, or more senior, than this job description as posted. In these situations, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate. In addition to cash compensation, Viam offers a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants, health benefits, and more.
- Vision Driven
- Collaborate Openly
- Act Decisively
- Succeed Through Diversity
- Hold Ourselves Accountable
- Lead with Curiosity
Learn more about our values here!