Viam is a robotics platform that makes it easy to turn great ideas into production-ready robots. Viam works with any hardware and has a modern architecture, easy developer APIs, cloud connectivity and tools, and enterprise-grade security to give even the leanest teams the power to launch and scale their robotics business.
Viam makes building, deploying and managing robots more flexible, affordable and easy to use so that builders can do more with robots while getting them to market faster. By making robotics more accessible, Viam is attracting talent and investment to the industry so that more people start working with robots to build products and services that improve our world.
As an engineer on our Data/Machine Learning team, you’ll be building an end-to-end data management solution that enables our customers to easily capture data from their robots, store and manage that data in the cloud, integrate with ML services for training, and deploy ML models back to their robots.
Our current tech stack consists of Golang (backend), Linux, and a variety of hardware.
- Writing performant, reliable complex systems that allow our users to capture large amounts of data from their robots to analyze or train machine learning models.
- Designing and implementing data storage and processing systems.
- Helping ship machine learning models into production.
We're looking for someone who ideally:
- Has an affinity for hard sophisticated problems, and loves solving them with practical solutions.
- Wants to make our users' lives easier through making their work more efficient.
- Is excited to approach new technologies and open-ended problems.
- Believes in high-quality, tested, and well-documented code.
- Wants to work with physical hardware, but doesn’t necessarily have experience doing so.
- Has software engineering experience using languages, such as C/C++, Golang, Java, or Python.
- Has a degree in software engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or robotics engineering
- Has experience in data storage and cloud infrastructure.
- Has knowledge of machine learning frameworks like TensorFlow and PyTorch.
- 100% covered medical/dental/vision insurance plans, commuter benefits
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Reproductive Health Benefits including Fertility Benefits and Abortion Access Travel Benefits
- 25 days paid vacation and generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Class Pass & Citi Bike memberships
- Free lunch everyday that you’re in the office
- Paid parental leave
The starting salary for this role is between $97,000 - $257,000/year. Your exact offer will vary based on a number of factors including experience level, skillset, market location, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. We recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced, or more senior, than this job description as posted. In these situations, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate. In addition to cash compensation, Viam offers a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants, health benefits, and more.
- Vision Driven
- Collaborate Openly
- Act Decisively
- Succeed Through Diversity
- Hold Ourselves Accountable
- Lead with Curiosity
Learn more about our values here!