Viam is building a new platform to make robotics more approachable to engineers of all backgrounds, empowering thousands of startups to achieve their robotic visions. We're taking on the hard software challenges, enabling engineers to build modular, practical robots efficiently and cost effectively. We're working on integrating hardware and software in new ways, giving engineers much greater abilities to accomplish their goals. At the same time, we're trying to increase the pace of innovation by bringing costs down tremendously.
Viam's products are built by engineers, for engineers. We want to build a platform we would want to use ourselves. We are looking for students studying computer science or related fields to collaborate with our full time engineers on building out the software for our platform. Our current tech stack consists of Golang (backend), ES.Next/TypeScript/Vue.js (frontend), Linux, MongoDB (database), and a variety of hardware.
- Working across the stack on the new and unique problems in robotics and cloud computing
- Fully integrated with the full time engineering team
- Using state of the art technologies that best tackle our problems at hand
- Learning engineering best practices in real world production environments
- Playing with robotics hardware to test out the software we build
We’re looking for someone who:
- In the process of receiving a Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Robotics, or related field, with at least one additional term after the end of the internship
- Available to intern in person at our New York City office for 10-12 weeks during the summer of 2022
- Strong foundation in computer science fundamentals including algorithms, data structures, architecture and/or robotics
- Experience with various programming languages
- Class Pass & Citi Bike memberships
- Free lunch everyday that you are in the office
- 3 vacation days to be used throughout the summer