viagogo is an industry-leading entertainment marketplace dedicated to helping people attend their favorite live events. We are expecting rapid growth after acquiring StubHub.
The core platform team at viagogo is responsible for the performance and stability of our production systems. We cover a variety of areas including DevOps, infrastructure, site reliability, dev tooling, and shared libraries. Our overall mission is to increase the overall velocity and efficacy of our entire engineering organization.
- Love to have an impact, learn from the best, and help people access unforgettable experiences
- 4+ years in a relevant engineering role
- Computer Science, technical degree, or relevant practical experience
What we offer:
- A+ Compensation Package, which can include a mix of cash and stock incentives
- Paid Time Off, 401k, Health, Vision, & Dental Insurance
- Dog friendly office, weekly lunches, office snacks, team events (when we get back into the office!)
Initially, you’ll learn:
- How we have already solved hard engineering problems related to scale, concurrency, and latency
- How we work alongside and empower engineers in the core product engineering and data platform teams
- How to build microservices for other teams to call into
Your Growth Path:
- Receive mentorship and a clear path for growing your technical and leadership skills
- Demonstrated results and increasing ownership are rewarded
- Solve challenges at every stage, from understanding the business challenge to implementing production systems
- Move towards architecture and engineering management
Potential projects you might work on:
- Design and build a multi-tier caching strategy that supports low-latency reliable reads and provides semi-strict guarantees on data freshness
- Build a near-time monitoring and feedback loop capability to our high-scale systems while aiming for minimal human intervention, and automated remediation
- Upgrading our production observability stack to let any team diagnose both macro and micro-level challenges like service speed or individual request failure
- Assisting teams increase their release velocity for services from once per-day to hourly or even more frequently with no human interaction
- Transitioning certain edge telemetry services into a cost-effective and secure cloud deployment
About our Platform Team and Tech:
Our work is driving towards helping viagogo become the world's largest ticket marketplace, and that typically translates into solving hard engineering problems related to scale, concurrency, and latency.
viagogo predominantly utilizes Microsoft technologies, such as Windows, .NET Core, C# and IIS, however we’re not afraid to use the right tool for the job. We use RabbitMQ for some of our internal pub/sub messaging, Redis for local caching, and gRPC for high performance out of process calls.
Our public facing website is built using ASP.NET MVC 5.2 and is deployed to multiple Windows Servers that are fronted by an F5 load balancer. We have heavily customized MVC to suit our requirements and handle hundreds of HTTP requests per second per server when mostly idle.
Our backend is a set of SQL Server databases deployed in a high-availability configuration using availability groups. These support everything from high-volume transactions and decision support and telemetry analytics.
We're increasingly taking advantage of the Azure cloud to enable hybrid or cloud-only scenarios that support our global growth and ability to quickly respond to surges in demand.
We are also responsible for working with the broader engineering group to understand and anticipate current and future engineering challenges.
viagogo is the leading global marketplace for music, sports, and entertainment tickets. We have recently acquired Stubub and look forward to our continuing market leadership.
Despite our rapid growth while revolutionizing a 100-billion-dollar industry, we maintain our start-up ethos and data-driven, collaborative culture. We believe that small, cross-functional teams can achieve extraordinary results. Fans from nearly every country in the world can find millions of tickets to their favorite events in the language, currency, and with the device of their choice.
We provide the widest possible choice of tickets to events around the world and help ticket sellers reach a global audience. viagogo has partnered with many of the world’s leading brands in sports and entertainment while helping fans access unforgettable experiences.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity on our team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.