About the viagogo Group
The viagogo Group operates a global online platform for live sport, music and entertainment tickets. viagogo aims to provide ticket buyers with the widest possible choice of tickets to events across the world and helps ticket sellers reach a global audience.
Overview of Role
The Head of Public Affairs will play a key role in the development of the viagogo’s operations in Australia and New Zealand. This position is a unique opportunity for an experienced government and communications professional with an entrepreneurial spirit and the desire to take on an exciting role in a fast-growing global internet business. The position will have full responsibility for all externally facing communications in Australia and New Zealand, across all political, media and stakeholder audiences. The role will be based in Sydney.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with government, policy makers, government officials, industry associations and regulators at both a National and State level
- Promoting the understanding of viagogo’s business model and the benefits of viagogo’s marketplace across Australia and New Zealand across all stakeholders
- Proactively engage Australia and New Zealand media and manage all media inquiries.
- Developing briefing documents and tailoring messaging to the local market
- Monitoring policy and media developments
- Coordinating with external policy and communications advisors
- Maintaining relationships with important local business partners and other third- party stakeholders.
Skills and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree from a leading university
- At least 8 years of experience in a communications, policy or business development role
- Experience in both public affairs and communications
- A consummate relationship builder and networker
- Media and communications experience
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Organized and structured approach to managing own time and workload
- Entrepreneurial spirit and the desire to work in a young company