Overview of Role
viagogo is the world’s largest ticket market place, giving fans access to the best events in sports and live entertainment through a state-of-the-art online ticketing platform. We provide choice, convenience and consumer protection, so that people can buy and sell tickets for live events all over the world with confidence. We are the market leader in our sector and one of the fastest growing e-commerce companies in the world, and present in over 150 countries.
We’re looking to hire ambitious, intelligent, and talented people to help expand our business. You’ll learn what it takes to execute the operations in an e-commerce business. We expect you to help identify and solve the critical logistical issues we encounter as the business scales.
This position is a unique opportunity to work directly with senior executives, some of the most experienced leaders in the industry. Strong performers can expect to be in a managerial position within 24 months, and leading a department within 3-4 years.
The role is based in New York, New York. Your package will include a competitive basic salary, not to mention a fun team, a great working environment and amazing career prospects.
Role Description and Responsibilities
The Online Store Data Management team is responsible for all the live events (e.g.: sports, concerts, festivals, theatre, etc..) related content and data on the website. This means:
- Creating the live events on our website with all the required basic information, so that we have the most comprehensive and global catalogue of live events in the world
- Improving the quality and richness of the live event data on our website, so that it is more attractive to customers. This in practice means a wide range of tasks, varying from designing and managing our venue maps, to researching and finding additional information about venues or adding images of performing artists to our website
- Reviewing and editing live event data to ensure everything is merchandised accurately, with all the purchasing and selling parameters configured correctly
- Fixing and troubleshooting any issues that arise. Requires you to build a strong domain knowledge and coordinate with other internal teams, especially customer care
You will have full ownership at a country and/or regional level to maximize accountability and be required to master several bespoke internal software Tools.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Hungry to take on responsibility and a willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Organized and reliable with attention to detail and with ability to multi-task
- Proven capability of responding readily and flexibly in a fast-changing environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Languages: Fluent in English with at a minimum conversational grasp of one of the following languages: Italian, French, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Polish or Russian. Other languages are a bonus
- High interest in music and/or sports
- A bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college
- Eligible to work in US
What we offer:
Here at viagogo, we are proud of our multicultural and vibrant culture, innovative offices, and newest technologies used. You can be a part of this exciting environment and show your talents. Once part of the team, you will have access to our wide benefits package:
- Competitive salary
- Health package
- Continuous training & support
- Career progression
- Employee Engagement initiatives
- Work Abroad Scheme in APAC, Africa, Europe
- Casual dress code
Experience & working hours:
You will be working a 40-hour week
Flexibility to work shifts during weekends required