The IT team at viagogo builds and runs the network infrastructure that our business runs on. As the Senior Network Engineer you'll be responsible for the planning and execution of projects that will support business growth, improve security, or provide new capabilities for our teams.
The selected individual will design, test, implement, manage, troubleshoot, and evaluate network systems, such as local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), internet, network security, wireless networks, and other data communications systems.
What you'll do
- Work with the Security and Engineering teams to maintain and execute a roadmap of continuous improvement
- Assist with the planning and execution of office relocations and openings
- Assist with a current network redesign effort affecting multiple locations
- Support the IT Helpdesk function, sitting in the escalation path for any critical network incidents
- Provide transparency into the performance and availability of the network
- Help grow and mentor other members of the IT & Engineering teams
- Act as the thought leader in IT, creating a vision and mapping it to a roadmap that gets us there
The environment you'll work in
- Cisco routers, switches, access points and wireless access controllers
- Cisco ASA NGFW
- Cisco Firepower Threat Defense
- Dell switches
- F5 Load Balancers
- VPN configurations
- VOIP, SIP based Telephony
- Microsoft Azure – Cloud networking technologies
What you'll need
- 4+ years of relevant technical experience working as a network engineer supporting a global organization
- Prior success delivering network related projects spanning weeks to months
- Ability to design, present, and execute migration, upgrade, and new implementation plans
- Expert at installing, configuring, and managing Cisco devices
- Mastery in the implementation of core networking including routing, switching, ACLs, VLANs, S2S VPN, and P2S VPN
- Strong network security troubleshooting skills including load balancers, proxies, firewalls, IDS/IPS, VPN client communications, and vendor VPN communications
- Solid understanding of routing protocols and network topologies such as BGP, EGRIP, MPLS, VPLS, BFD, HSRP…
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Active Directory based security and windows network security technologies like windows firewall and IPSec
- Prior experience driving vendors to deliver on SLAs and during network outages
- Desire to continue to push the envelope and propose creative ideas that bring value to the business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
viagogo is a global online platform for live sport, music and entertainment tickets. viagogo aims to provide ticket buyers with the widest possible choice of tickets to events across the world, and helps ticket sellers ranging from individuals with a spare ticket to large multi-national event organizers reach a global audience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.